The 2012 Olmcfeast Children's Giglio Montage
1st Annual OLMCFEAST
1. Registration will begin at 5:00 p.m. in the Gym of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church. Contestants must be registered by 6:00 p.m.
2. The Meatballs must be ready to eat or they will not be eligible. Contestants Must Have 12 Meatballs in a covered aluminum half tray at time of registration. We will provide a heating source to maintain temperature.
3. Meatballs will be anonymously judged using a standard 4X4 Rubric. The categories will include Taste, Texture, Originality, and Presentation. Any style of Meatball will be acceptable.
4. There will be a $40 “Entry Fee” to participate in the contest. The winner, who must present on the evening of July 15th, will receive a $500 “Century Board” sign proclaiming them the winner of the Contest.
5. Depending on the number of entries, the contest will run in multiple rounds, until a winner is named.
6. THE JUDGES DECISION IS FINAL!!!
Mark Mascioli has been announced as the Turk of the 2013 - 2014 Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel.
HERE IS THE 2013 OLMCFEAST ENTERTAINMENT
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Wednesday, July 10 (Opening Night)
Thursday, July 11 (Children’s Giglio)
Friday, July 12
Saturday, July 13 - (Questua)
“The Brooklyn Keys”
Sunday, July 14 (Giglio Sunday)
“Tommy Sullivan”, Member of Original Brooklyn Bridge”
Monday, July 15
1st Annual “Brooklyn’s Best Meatball” Contest
more details to come...
Tuesday, July 16 (Our Lady Of Mount Carmel Day)
Wednesday, July 17
Night Lift of Giglio (Rain Date 7/18)
Thursday, July 18
Friday, July 19 (Children’s Giglio Night 2)
Saturday, July 20
“Entertainer, Sal Manzo”
Sunday, July 21 (OldTimer’s Giglio Sunday)
As announced at our first General Feast Meeting. We are pleased to announce the following appointments:
Frank Sampogna to the position of #1 Capo
Paul "BO" Pennolino to the position of #2 Capo
Gerard Langone to the position of #3 Capo
Michael Addeo to the position of Apprentice Capo
Dom Varuzza to the position of Lieutenant
Anthony Allocco to the position of Singer/MC of the Giglio
We wish all of them the very best with these new positions.
For all up to date information please follow us on facebook at www.facebook.com/olmcfeast or on www.Twitter.com/olmcfeast or www.olmcfeast.wordpress.com
The 2013 Highlighted Feast Dates
The 2013 Our Lady Of Mount Carmel Feast will be held from Wednesday July 10th 2013 till Sunday July 21st, 2013
EVENT DATES ARE BELOW:
- Opening Night = Wednesday July 10th 2013
- Children's Giglio Lift #1 = Thursday July 11th 2013
- Questa = Saturday July 13th 2013
- Giglio Sunday = Sunday July 14th 2013
- Our Lady Of Mount Carmel Day = Tuesday July 16th 2013
- Night Lift = Wednesday July 17th 2013 (rain date = Thursday July 18th 2013)
- Children's Giglio Lift #2 = Friday July 19th 2013
- Old Timers Day = Sunday July 21st 2013
***Event Times Are Still To Be Announced***
For immediate and up to date information ensure you are following us on our
Feast Facebook Fan Page (www.facebook.com/olmcfeast) or on Twiiter (@olmcfeast).